14/04/24

Find the courage to leave when they don't give you a reason to stay

Paulo Coelho wrote that "if you have the courage to say goodbye, life will surely reward you with another hello".

Find the courage to leave when they don't give you a reason to stay


This thought came to my mind when I thought about my life and felt a huge emptiness within me. I had been so bad, so hurt and for so long that I had lost hope of seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I tried to get to the bottom of why I was holding on so tightly to a love that was making me miserable. I desperately wanted the person I loved to change, for the sun to rise again and the clouds to disperse.

The truth was, I was just afraid to let him go. I was terrified that I would never meet another person like him again. I deluded myself that there was a deep and abiding love between us. But it wasn't.

It was a poisonous love that was destroying my soul. I realized it was pulling me deeper and deeper, so the only salvation was to escape, and as quickly as possible.

I was aware that it would be very painful for me to leave. I had invested so much in this love. Energy, time, effort. I just couldn't quit after all that! I'm not one to give up without a fight. I thought so. Then.

But I couldn't stay with it anymore. I made a decision to face all my fears that were paralyzing my will. I made the decision to live without him. And it wasn't so scary. Or rather, it wasn't scary at all. I'm alone now and, I honestly admit, I've never been so at peace in my soul. I have found peace and harmony within myself.

If you feel that nothing is keeping you in a relationship, leave it. Because staying with someone you have nothing in common with is much more painful than leaving. Don't torture yourself. No one deserves your tears.

Find the courage you need in moments like these. I know how you feel. I know how much it hurts. But walk away. Keep moving forward in life and don't look back. Trust your intuition. It's been telling you this decision for a long time, hasn't it?

Find the courage to start your life over. Find new goals. Think of new dreams. Do things that bring you joy and happiness. Don't be afraid - boldly move forward!

You need to get out of this toxic relationship to find yourself again. And, believe me, it will be worth it in the end. When you get rid of everything toxic in your life, you will find wholeness again.

Don't be afraid. And don't look back. Happiness is right in front of you!

Photo: pixabay.com


No comments:

Post a Comment